Sunday, April 16, 2023

SP Supply Train (Part 8A) - Whoops in Modeling SPMW 2767 & Second Again to 3931

Minor correction to my Tichy B-50-12 Supply Car covered in Modeling SP Supply Train (Part 3) - Boxcars, I put the wrong number on it last year!  So a quick patch of FCR and new "MW2767" set of decals applied to the car.

Right side of redecalled SPMW 2767.

After reviewing the This Is My Railroad 1946 - Steam Version, I also need to be adding an SP standard  herald in the upper right diagonal area and replace the 6ft door with the man-door plug.

Left side of redecalled SPMW 2767.

I need to finish up a few other details on the car still, like installing the floor weight.  Then getting into the corner stirrup steps, B-end brake rigging on the end of the car, and roof lateral corner grabs..

In Closing - Edited...


So this won't be the last time I do an update on the 2767 as I'm working on the new man-door plugs for both the Tichy car and also the Accurail boxcars.

String of SPMW Supply Cars

- BTW, Now that Ken Harrison's SPMW book came out, the 2676 is wrong decalling,  I crosschecked the original car number, build dates, builder, etc... and know this is the wrong car number... AGAIN!  (Shakes head in disbelief for second time in 3 weeks.)  

The 2767 is actually a B-50-11.  I will have to redecal this car yet a 3rd time to either 3931 or 3932, which were both retired (USRA) B-50-12s.  Both cars were assigned to Supply Service on 17 Sept, 1945 at Bayshore and lasted until July 31, 1953 and April 1949 respectively.  Given the longer service life of the 3931, I'll probably choose that car and head back to the repatching booth yet again.

This error was caused by a typo on the 1956 Roster, but the car number should have given it away, as 26240 is 120 car numbers too low for the B-50-12s, which started at 26360.  So, I guess the Part 8B blog will be on me changing the car number yet again and installing the new 3d printed OwlMtModels 4077 Supply Man-door set to the model, like on the SPMW 2681.

Jason Hill


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please identify yourself at the end of your message. Please keep comments relevant to the post or questions to me directly.
All comments are moderated and must be approved, so give me a bit of time to approve them.
No random solicitation in comments. Spamming and phishing comments will be deleted or not allowed to post.